Anyone with an interest in technology education can join TENZ.
TENZ is a professional association supporting and promoting all levels and areas of technology education in New Zealand. While TENZ is primarily for teachers and those involved in technology education with the aim of enhancing the learning and teaching of technology, TENZ is also aimed at those who work in related industries and services that support technology education.
If this describes you, then you are already one of us. So join us, and help grow and strengthen our national network supporting and promoting technology education across New Zealand.
The available types of membership described below.
- Professional networking and connectivity
- Community updates and information direct to your inbox and online
- Regular TENZ newsletters sent direct and available in members' area online
- Professional learning and development opportunities and updates
- Community Forums
- Read community announcements and latest postings
- Join community discussions - ask/answer questions
- Get support
- TENZ Resource Library
- Search for resources
- Add resources
- Read/write reviews of resources
- Member registration rates at TENZ biennial conference
- Manage membership details
- Individual members maintain your personal details
- Institution members
- Institution contact can add and/or edit institution members
- Members maintain your personal details
- Manage your technology education profile
Types of Membership
When you join TENZ or register for a TENZ event such as our biennial conference, we collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information
- school or organisation
and, as part of your TENZ technology education Profile we ask for optional information about your
- teaching experience and expertise.
We collect your personal information in order to:
- maintain our membership records
- manage access to member-only information
- manage registration for, and access to, our events
- develop networks of expertise and support.
We keep your information safe by storing it in a secure database and only allowing certain staff to access it. You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong.
You can access and correct your TENZ membership information yourself by logging into your membership account at
using your TENZ membership email address and password.
If you have any questions about the information TENZ holds about you, please contact us at [email protected], or 04 473 2023.