Technology Education New Zealand (TENZ) is a professional association supporting and promoting all levels and areas of technology education in New Zealand.
TENZ is organised by teachers for teachers and our aim is to enhance the learning and teaching of technology by creating a well informed, well connected, supportive, and sustainable professional community that has a strong voice and provides effective advocacy for technology education.
To achieve our aims, we need the support of as many teachers as possible. So join us, and help grow and strengthen our national network supporting and promoting technology education across New Zealand.
News and Information
MindSpark AI/IBM Course
Creating a Spark for ArtificialIntelligence: Beginning AI foundations for Educators
If you missed the live sessions - don’t worry - you can still sign up using the registration link below and complete the online course in your own time at your own pace.
Link to Course overview and its links to NZC:
The whole course is online on demand. Learn at your own pace.
More information from: Sarah Washbrooke [email protected]
Top Tech Resource Winners
A big thank you to all who entered our 2020 Top Tech Resource challenge and our congratulations to all winners - keep up the great work!
Applications for the First Round of the 2021 TeachNZ Scholarship Programme are open!
If you are planning on enrolling, or are already enrolled on, an approved Initial Teacher Education course - you are eligible for one of five scholarships.
Whether you are a graduate or undergraduate, a school leaver or a career changer, have the passion to teach early childhood, primary, secondary or in immersion settings; there are great choices available for you.
The scholarships supports you on your journey towards being a great teacher or kaiako. The scholarship can cover the cost of your course fees and pay you an allowance throughout the duration of your study.
TENZ 2020 Techo Challenge
Support Technology Education
TENZ welcomes support for all aspects of technology education.
By supporting technology education, you will help more students enjoy, and benefit from, effective learning in technology, and see the opportunities of a career in technology. With your assistance, students of all ages can become as excited and passionate about the subject as you are, leading to a more technologically informed society and contributing to a workforce of innovative, creative, independent, lateral thinkers who are both leaders and team players.
Your support could be local, regional or national. It could be focused at early childhood, primary, secondary, or tertiary levels for teachers and/or students.
Types of Support
There is a wide range of ways to support technology education. These could include:
- Working with students or teachers in a class, school, cluster of schools, region or nationally
- Providing free or discounted resources or materials
- Developing teaching materials
- Providing industry visits
- Providing experts and expertise (by in-person visit, phone call, email, Skype call, etc.)
- Being a guest speaker at a school or specially organised event
- Being a judge for projects
- Supporting students in their design and manufacture of products
- Providing technical support for the use of tools and equipment.
- Sponsoring awards for individual, class, school, region, or national project(s)
- Sponsoring students to continue with further study
Suppliers and Contacts
TENZ is developing web-based information about suppliers and contacts. We are keen for this to develop into the go-to website for all teachers of technology.
Would you like to have your company, service, products, contact details, .... added to this site?
Sponsors and Advertisers
We are keen to hear from sponsors who want to advertise to our members about offers and discounts for students and/or teachers that we can include in our newsletters.
Every two years TENZ holds a national conference which provides opportunities for providers to showcase their products and support technology education.
Sponsorship and advertising opportunities include:
- Sponsorship that will be strongly promoted throughout the conference
- Trade displays
- TENZ awards (formally announced at the conference dinner)
- Conference gifts and prizes
- Sponsorship of conference bags, inserts or giveaways
- Sponsorship of conference catering (morning teas, afternoon teas, lunch, conference dinner, conference welcome)
- Sponsorship to enable a teacher to attend the conference (This could include a teacher from a specific field, a remote region or a NZ region recently affected by hardship – such as floods, drought, earthquakes, etc.)
- Sponsorship to enable a Matanga (expert) to travel to run a workshop at the conference
- Sponsorship of early childhood, primary or secondary school student(s) to present their exemplary work
- Sponsorship of best paper award for an international researcher, NZ researcher, NZ masters research student, NZ doctoral research student, international doctoral research student, or for the best paper in a particular field
If you are keen to support technology education in any way please contact us.