Aim of the resource
TENZ is committed to developing and sharing educational resources that support Technology education across Aotearoa New Zealand. This particular resource has been developed based on an actual lesson that has been taught in class by a technology specialist at year 7. It covers:
- Ideas for authentic contexts, needs & stakeholders
- Inspiration for planning - lesson & activities
- Materials Technology
- Enabling a low floor, high ceiling approach to project work
Key aspects of NZC Technology can be taught through this resource by developing a brief including brainstorming needs and opportunities, consideration and analysis of potential stakeholders, explaining the problem, writing a conceptual statement and identifying and explaining intended physical and functional attributes for the technological outcome being designed.
Click on the following buttons to access the resource.
For more information contact
Included in the resource
- A detailed descriptive lesson plan (using a TENZ template)
- Teaching slides introducing the context and explaining the activities
- Student handouts to support and scaffold the learning